Thursday, December 20, 2007

Aunt Ann

Last year, despite my tough-talk in this here newsletter, I did not sit down to Christmas dinner with a sixer of Bud tallboy cans and drink Conehead-style just to piss off snob-wannabe Aunt Ann. I wanted to, but just ended up feeling bad for her - she's a wacko (and making fun of wackos isn't as much fun as it is on paper.) What, you want an example of her wackoness? OK, here you go: Last year we used the US Postal Service's holiday snowflake stamps on our Christmas cards. This exchange occurred:

Aunt Ann: I liked your Christmas card this year - it was very political.
Me (wondering how in the hell a simple Christmas card with a photo of me, my wife and our daughter sitting in a huge Adirondack chair could ever be considered political): Huh?

Aunt Ann: Oh yeah, the snowflake stamp was clearly a statement against global warming.

See, I told you she's coo-coo for Cocoa Puffs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home