Monday, January 07, 2008

co-pay

My doctor prescribed some mild muscle relaxers for me. When I was picking the prescription up from the pharmacy (Crestwood Pharmacy off Whitehall Rd - super cool pharmacy. Wow, I never though I'd be saying those words), I asked the dude about any precautions or things not to combine with it. He mentioned I should avoid alcohol. Now, as an alcohol lover (no, not an alcoholic. I like to think of myself more of an alcohol enthusiast) I wanted to know the real deal. I need me some hard facts.

me: "Yeah, all medicines say 'Do not take with alcohol'. I've never seen one that said, 'Alcohol and this medication go great together' on the bottle."

pharmacist: "Well, the medicine will dry you out and so does alcohol. And this medicine can make you drowsy and so does alcohol..."

me: "So it's not like 'If you drink alcohol and take this medication your liver will explode'"

pharmacist: "No."

me: "Good."

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home